It is a planned organizational effort aims at facilitating the acquisition of skills related with work and access to knowledge that will help to improve the performance of the organization and the goals of skills.
Training department is a planned and organizational effort aims at facilitating the acquisition of employee’s work-related skills and access to knowledge that will help to improve the performance and the goals of the organization.
The training and development is an ongoing process during the life of the individual according to his needs as an individual and as a member of society. It also seeks to make changes in the patterns of behavior by following developed methods and means of training .Being an important means; it also aims at giving full opportunity to the individual and to the groups to perform the required job efficiently in a way that will ensure the greatest benefits to the trainees, to their organizations and to their community.
Why the organization would adopt the principles of training for its employees and encourages them?
The main reason behind that is due to the following:
- Training is considered one of the most effective ways to help organization staff to keep up with changes in the internal and external work environment of the organization, thus enabling the organization to compete with other organizations under difficult work circumstances.
- Training will also provide the possibility of development, renovation and increase of the efficiency of the staff in addition to highlighting the talents and creativeness which will assist considerably in the activities and displaying their competitively. It also provides them with the means to keep abreast of technical and administrative development adopted by modern organizations.
The importance of the training consists of two points: the first pours into the benefit of the organization and can be summarized as the following:
- Increase of the capabilities of the employees in the organization in terms of enabling them to present their work skillfully, practically and professional distinction which will help them achieve the goals of the organization.
- It will help to reduce work errors and enhance sense of responsibility.
- As a result of the training, the organization will have a well-equipped staff who will contribute to the development of performance and efficiency of the activities of the organization. It will also encourage them to work as a team realizing that thanks to the organization, they’re working together. Eventually leading to the enhancement of their relations with one another and with the targeted members of the society.
- Training increases employee’s intellectuality, professionalism, and management skills enhancing their sense of belonging to the organization and makes them more creative.
- Training will also increase employee’s self-confidence and increase their abilities to face the difficulties and problems of work in addition to their willingness to become more responsible.
- Training will lead to expansion of perceptions of employees in the organization and encourage them to carry out their duties and cope with work difficulties